Nigeria Export Promotion Council (NEPC) Certificate
Registration of Export Company In Nigeria
There are two government agencies vested with the power to grant export licence in Nigeria namely:
- The Nigeria Export Promotion Council (NEPC) - saddled with the responsibility of issuing out export licences for agricultural commodities and manufactured goods and
- The Federal Ministry of Solid Minerals Development is responsible for granting licences for extraction and exportation in Nigeria.
Legal Requirements for an Export Business in Nigeria
1. Registration of Company or Co-operative Society
The first step when starting out as an exporter in Nigeria is to register the name of the export company or co-operative society with the Corporate Affairs Commission.
- Certificate of incorporation (for companies registered as corporations)
Certificate of Registration (issued by State Ministry of Commerce, Local Governments and Federal Capital Territory Area Councils) is required.
For Registration or Company Formation – CLICK HERE
Note: A minimum of two directors and two shareholders is required if the export business is starting as a company, whether (limited or unlimited), with maximum of 50 directors or shareholders
If trading as sole proprietorship or partnership, it can registered as an individual; by two or more individuals (not exceeding 20 persons or an individual(s) with a corporate body, or a corporate body / more than two corporate bodies
2. Every export business in Nigeria must have a registered office in Nigeria
It is a prerequisite requirement that every export business in Nigeria must have a registered office (residential or commercial).
3. Registration with the NEPC
The Nigerian Export Promotion Council (NEPC) was created to enhance and encourage exportation of commodities other than oil with the ultimate aim of generating national revenue through alternative means. The Nigerian Customs Service rules for every exporter or operating export business in Nigeria must register with NEPC.
4. Registration of Form NXP
The Nigerian Customs Service also requires duly completed and register Form NXP from every exporter with authorized dealers (commercial or merchant banks) of their choice, who will be in charge of handling the exporter funds and transactions (a Domiciliary Account is required)
5. Other quality and regulation related documents
- Standard Organization Nigeria - SON for manufactured products,
- NAFDAC for Foods and Drugs
- NACCIMA – Certificate of origin
- Nigeria Custom Services for Single Goods Declaration (SGD),
- National Plant Quarantine Services for Plant materials (Phytosanitary certificate),
- Federal Produce Inspection services for Agric commodities and
- Clean Report of finding issued by Colbalt International Services Ltd ( Appointed Inspection Agency for Pre- Export Shipment in Nigeria,
- Some private assayers such as SGS
6. Licenses from target foreign country
Obtaining licenses for trading with a foreign country require an inspection of the products for sale of goods in the target country and permission will only be granted if they meet certain standards as set by the government of that country.
7. Tax Clearance Certificates
8. Appropriate Insurance covers
Our Nigeria Export Promotion Council (NEPC) Certificate Services
- New Registration
- Renewal of Old Certificate
- Late Renewal of Old Certificate
- Mutilated Old Certificate
- Lost Old Certificate
- Export Expansion Grant (EEG) Accreditation
CORPORATE GOVERNANCES SERVICES
Industrial Training Fund [ITF]
SONCAP Certificate of Conformity
Mining/Mineral Resources Licence
Special Control Unit for Money Laundary [SCUML] Certificate
Mandatory Conformity Assessment Programme (MANCAP)
NIS Qualty Mark Certificate
Nigeria Export Promotion Council (NEPC) Export Certifiate
Application for Business Permit - Federal Ministry of Interior [FMI]
Application for Residence Permit - Nigeria Immigration Service [NIS]
NACCIMA Certificate of Origin (Products)
National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC) Certificate
NIPC Grant of Expatriate Quota
NIPC Pioneer Status Registration
Value Added Service (VAS) Licence [NCC]
Application for Nigeria Export Promotion Council (NEPC) Certificate Services - allow up to 5 working days for processing.
CONTACT US, if you require any of the above statutory regulation service.
The fees for Nigeria Export Promotion Council (NEPC) Certificate Services include the official NEPC Certificate and cost of delivery nationwide.
To make an application for any of the Nigeria Export Promotion Council (NEPC) Certificate.
Complete the online Application Request Form.
If you would like to use this service please CONTACT US.