Special Control Unit Against Money Laundering (SCUML) Registration Service
The statutory responsibility of SCUML as a regulatory unit - one that becomes a benchmark in the supervision, monitoring and regulation of the Designated Non Financial Institutions (DNFI) as regards compliance to Nigeria’s Anti Money Laundering and Combating the Financing of Terrorism AML/CFT regime.
SCUML works in collaboration with Economic and Financial Crimes Commission “EFCC” - the coordinating agency for Nigeria’s AML/CFT regime and the Nigerian Financial Intelligence Unit “NFIU” - the national repository of financial disclosures of cash-based transaction reports, currency transaction reports and suspicious transaction reports. ’
REGISTRATION REQUIREMENT (NOT EXCLUSIVE).
REGISTERED BUSINESS NAMES:
- CAC Certificate of registration
- Certified true copy of CAC particulars of proprietor’s form
- Evidence of tax registration with internal revenue service
- CAC Certificate of Incorporation
- Memorandum and Article of Association (MEMART)
- Certified True Copy of Incorporation documents - Particulars of Directors and Authorised Share Capital
- Evidence of Tax Registration with Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS)
Note: Professional Companies are required to provide Certificate of Competency e.g. Accounting, Audit and Legal Practitioner firms
NON-GOVERNMENTAL ORGANIZATION (NGOS) OR NON-PROFIT ORGANIZATIONS (NPOS)
- Certificate of Incorporation or Registration
- Certified True Copy of Incorporation of Trustees documents
- Organisation Constitution or Memorandum & Article of Association (MEMART)
INTERNATIONAL NON-GOVERNMENTAL ORGANIZATION (NGOS) OR NON-PROFIT ORGANIZATIONS (NPOS) :
- Evidence of Registration with National Planning Commission (NPC)
- Constitution of the Organisation
- Organisational Profile.
- Certificate of Registration from State
- Copies of valid Identification of at least 3 executive members
PROCESSING PERIOD: Allow up to 10 working days
To make an application for Special Control Unit Against Money Laundering (SCUML) Registration using our service
Complete the online Application Request Form.
If you would like to use this service please CONTACT US.