Board - Company Resolution
Company resolution is required for various applications - pre and post company incorporation.
At Nigeria Company Formation, we have qualified Legal Practitioners that can handle your organization pre and post company statutory documents and prepare your Company Resolution in accordance to the required standard.
Under the Federal Government of Nigeria, Companies and Allied Matters Act, 2004, Chapter 20, a resolution may be passed as Ordinary or Special Resolution.
- An Ordinary Resolution is whereby it’s passed by at least 50% of votes
- Special Resolution is whereby it’s passed by at least 75% of votes.
- Directors Resolution is used to document the minutes of a meeting between the Board of Directors of a company or other organisation and state the resolutions and the outcome of the meeting in writing
- A Board Resolution is a record of an important decision made on behalf of the company by the board of directors and is used to identify the results of any votes or decision made by the board regarding the company
- Unanimous Resolution is the agreement of all the directors present at a board meeting [100% of the Directors]
- Resolution may be Written Resolution of Shareholders or Written Resolution of the Board of Directors
CAC Applications that require duly signed resolutions include:
- Registration of Company - resolution of the company authorising the subscription where a company subscribes to the Memorandum and Articles of Association
- Registration of Business Name - certified true copy of resolution of a corporate body
- Change in Company Directorship - resolution removing or appointing director(s)
- Return of Allotment of shares, including resolution of company for forfeiture of shares
- Transfer of Shares – resolution of corporate transferee(s) and transferor(s)
- Transmission of Shares – company resolution giving effect to the transmission
- Change in Company Registered Office Address
- Appointment or Change of Company Secretary - resolution of Board of Directors or the company
- Change of Company Name
- Increase or Reduction in Company Share Capital
- Alteration of Memorandum and Articles of Association
- Re-registration of Private Company Limited by Shares As Public Company
- Re-registration of Unlimited Company as Company Limited by Shares
- Re-registration of Public Company as Private Company
- Notice of Merger - special resolution of each company in the merger scheme
- Members’ Voluntary Winding up and Creditors Voluntary Winding Up
- Resolution for the appointment of Liquidator by the company
- Winding Up by the Court - special resolution for voluntary winding up
Contact us for detail information if you need our service(s).
Allow upto 3 working days
To make an application for drafting of the relevant Company Resolution
Complete the online Application Request Form.
If you would like to use this service please CONTACT US.